We are creating the most customer-focused, integrated financial platform for Mid-sized businesses
A platform that can make a real difference delivering ingenuity and resilience
– and that means bringing together a dynamic, diverse and passionate team.
We believe that we can deliver a new alternative to business financial services for MMEs and are focused on challenging our assumptions, solving problems and offering intuitive customer-focused solutions to make financial decision-making simpler.
Eb is a young start-up on a SaaS journey. Internally, we are building an organisation that values thoughtful collaboration, deep curiosity, design thinking and pursuit of excellence, where an inclusive and open working environment is at our core. At Eb you will work alongside smart, motivated people who value integrity, readily make themselves available to colleagues and are consistently driven to do the right thing. Eb is an environment of high expectations, with the opportunity and spirit of a start-up and the stability of an experienced Co-Founding team.
Focused on building a UK based team, we are hiring creative, talented, complex problem solvers who are looking to collaboratively leave their mark and help us build the future of MME financial services. Come join us!
The Eb Solution
The ELEMENTARYb platform is pivotal and at the heart of the business solution and is being designed so that it is:
- Secure. Customer data is sensitive and must be protected at all times to ensure confidentiality
- Resilient. Systems should be highly available, including interoperability with other accounting or banking systems.
- Scalable. In addition to resilience, systems are engineered to allow rapid business growth as well as scaling down during periods of lower demand.
- Intuitive. Solutions must be easy to navigate and allow users to focus on the insights from the platform and consequent actions. Solutions should also support fluid access from different devices.
Role purpose and responsibilities
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our growing product focused team and work closely with Developers.
To accelerate launch of the platform, the initial alpha (and potentially MVP) builds will be undertaken by a 3rd party development organization, at which point we will consider use of 3rd party developers or an in-house capability for the platform. Technical support of the infrastructure and MI/AI will be orchestrated by internal resources.
The DevOps engineer will liaise with internal and external developers and ensure that the solutions are integrated professionally within the EB Technical architecture, and that code is promoted with strict adherence to testing and security requirements and promotion through successive test environments. The engineer will ensure that the correct technical artefacts are lodged to allow support of the environments
The successful candidate will have a background in utilising DevOps practices to enable Continuous Delivery. Scripting language or coding experience and have strong technical background in build, release and CI tools, as well as infrastructure provisioning.
Preferably with commercial experience in the accounting/finance domain and comfortable working in an agile/iterative environment.
Skills and competencies required
- Strong understanding of leading cloud environments (Azure, AWS), virtual machine architectures (eg Docker) and
- Understanding of network architectures especially in regard to security (eg VLANs and SubNets)
- Strong experience of continuous delivery and systems integration, and quality control
- Scripting languages
- Experience or basic understanding of NodeJS, React UIs
- Passion, energy and customer focus. We are a vibrant team and welcome ideas and suggestions that extend the reach and usage of the Eb platform.
Experience – Desirable
- Knowledge of basic book-keeping and accounting
- Knowledge or interest in use of Artificial intelligence, data sets and machine learning.
- Integration with 3rd party systems and micro-services, especially Open Banking based APIs
Working at ELEMENTARYb
At ELEMENTARYb we believe in balance for our team, and a number of roles may be undertaken on a part-time basis or can be performed outside traditional working hours, later evolving into a full-time position if preferred. All roles are currently remote working and we support flexibility in location where roles allow.
Eb Reflex – A flexible part-time remote position