We are creating the most customer-focused, integrated financial platform for Mid-sized businesses
A platform that can make a real difference delivering ingenuity and resilience
– and that means bringing together a dynamic, diverse and passionate team.
We believe that we can deliver a new alternative to business financial services for MMEs and are focused on challenging our assumptions, solving problems and offering intuitive customer-focused solutions to make financial decision-making simpler.
Eb is a young start-up on a SaaS journey. Internally, we are building an organisation that values thoughtful collaboration, deep curiosity, design thinking and pursuit of excellence, where an inclusive and open working environment is at our core. At Eb you will work alongside smart, motivated people who value integrity, readily make themselves available to colleagues and are consistently driven to do the right thing. Eb is an environment of high expectations, with the opportunity and spirit of a start-up and the stability of an experienced Co-Founding team.
Focused on building a UK based team, we are hiring creative, talented, complex problem solvers who are looking to collaboratively leave their mark and help us build the future of MME financial services. Come join us!
The Eb Solution
The ELEMENTARYb platform is pivotal and at the heart of the business solution and is being designed so that it is:
- Secure. Customer data is sensitive and must be protected at all times to ensure confidentiality
- Resilient. Systems should be highly available, including interoperability with other accounting or banking systems.
- Scalable. In addition to resilience, systems are engineered to allow rapid business growth as well as scaling down during periods of lower demand.
- Intuitive. Solutions must be easy to navigate and allow users to focus on the insights from the platform and consequent actions. Solutions should also support fluid access from different devices.
Role purpose and responsibilities
We are seeking a UX Designer to join our growing product focused team and work closely with Developers and Visual Designers.
To accelerate launch of the platform, the initial alpha (and potentially MVP) builds will be undertaken by a 3rd party development organization, at which point we will consider use of 3rd party developers or an in-house capability for the platform. Technical support of the infrastructure and MI/AI will be orchestrated by internal resources. We have successfully completed the Discovery phase and are moving towards Build.
The UX Designer will develop design wireframes, evaluating the user experience, human-computer interaction and accessibility of the product and implement front-end functionality, bridging the gap between design and technical implementation, and will be reporting to our Service Design Lead.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of UX process and experience in Axure, Sketch and Adobe XD to join our growing product focused team.
Preferably with commercial experience in the accounting/finance domain and comfortable working in an agile/iterative environment.
Role specific activities
- considering existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- considering the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- awareness of Accessibility requirements and applying principles to design
- defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- working with visual designers to incorporate a visual/brand identity into the finished product
- developing and maintaining design wireframes , prototypes and specifications (in Axure and either Sketch/Adobe XD)
- Working with Developers and providing day to day support ( Agile workflow – attend stand up, supply additional wireframes when required)
- Excellent organisational, time and project management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Artistic eye for design
- Ability to think creatively
- Tools: Axure (must have); Sketch, Adobe XD
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
Working at ELEMENTARYb
At ELEMENTARYb we believe in balance for our team. This is a full time role. All roles are currently remote working and we support flexibility in location where roles allow.